Residential Aged Care
Your Aged Care Solutions help clients to navigate the complex aged care minefield.
We work with families to solve the knowledge gap for those preparing for, or entering aged care. Understanding the rules and regulations regarding aged care and the impact on a person’s financial situation can be complex. A move into aged care is an emotional and stressful time for everyone involved and timeframes are often limited when making decisions.
The pressure to make the right decision can weigh heavily but can be made easier by identifying family objectives and needs. By reviewing the financial situation of a person, our couple, moving into aged care we can help families determine what fees will be payable and provide options on how to structure finances to achieve the best outcome for your loved one.
We help families to:
- Identify aged care funding options and how each option impacts a person’s financial situation, including age pension benefits and aged care fees.
- Review options for paying for aged care accommodation costs
- Determine whether sufficient cashflow is available to meet ongoing cost of care and living expenses.
- Determine the affordability of different service providers / accommodation payment options.
- Evaluate any opportunities to reduce ongoing care fees and maximise Centrelink / DVA benefits.
- Maintain an accessible cash reserve of around for peace of mind and to meet unanticipated expenses, as well as to provide future flexibility.
- Understand the taxation and estate planning implications of their situation to protect the value of their estate.